Past and Present
On December 3, 1954, The Fresno Police Department Credit Union was established. The original location was in one of the rooms at the old police department in downtown Fresno. The first member to join our credit union was our police chief at that time. Now we have almost 4000 members.
The original board of directors ran the credit union out of a shoe box in one of their desks. It cost $5.00 to buy a share in the credit union, maximum loan was $200. The board of directors met in the coffee shop across the street to have their monthly board meeting.
The credit union continued to grow and the first manager was hired in 9/1960. We have outgrown two office buildings and currently own our building at 1004 N. Van Ness.
Today we have grown to become a full service credit union with over $35 million in assets offering high dividends on savings, IRA's and certificates. We also offer low interest loans and many additional services.
We have come along way since 1954, our board of directors, supervisory committee, and staff appreciate the opportunity to service you. If we can help you in any way please let us know.
FRESNO POLICE DEPARTMENT CREDIT UNION IS A FAMILY ORIENTED FINANCIAL ORGANIZATION PROVIDING QUALITY SERVICE AT COMPETITIVE RATES WHILE BEING THE PRIMARY FINANCIAL INSTITUTION AND MEETING THE NEEDS OF OUR CURRENT AND FUTURE MEMBERS ALSO MAINTAINING FINANCIAL STABILITY AND CONTINUED GROWTH.
Our original field of membership were officers of the Fresno Police Department. We have expanded to include the following:
- Employees of the Fresno Police Department
- Clovis Police Officers Association
- Reserve Officers for the Fresno City Police Department
- Employees of City of Fresno Airport Peace Officers
- Members of Chapter 11 International Foot Printers Assoc.
- Fresno City Employees belonging to the FCEA
- City of Fresno Professional Employees
- Family members to include anyone related by blood, marriage, or legal act of the member