Past and Present
On December 3, 1954, The Fresno Police Department Credit Union was established. Our original location was in one of the rooms at the old police department in downtown Fresno. The first member to join our credit union was our police chief at that time.
The original board of directors operated the credit union out of a shoe box in one of their desks. It cost $5.00 to buy a share in the credit union and the maximum loan was $200. The board had their monthly board meeting in the coffee shop across the street. As the credit union continued its growth the first manager was hired in 1960. Having outgrown two previous sites, we now operate from our current facility at 1004 N. Van Ness where we service almost 3000 members.
We have become a full financial services credit union with over $50 million in assets offering checking accounts as well as a variety of savings accounts. In addition, we provide our qualified members with a full range of competitively priced loan options, everything from vehicle financing to Visa credit cards.
Recognizing the need to be competitive, convenient, and relative to our members’ financial needs, in addition to our full-service ATM and our members’ free access to a nationwide network of over 30,000 co-op ATM’s, we have also implemented a full range of electronic services which include electronic bank statements, online banking, payroll direct deposit, electronic bill payment, automatic loan payment processing, electronic remote loan document signing and a user-friendly web page at FPDCU.com.
We have traveled far since our humble beginnings in1954. Our board of directors, supervisory committee, and very capable staff appreciate the opportunity to service you, our valued members.